SCREGMAN SAYS...

THIS IS MY GAME... SUCKING THE MARROW FROM THE BONES OF LIFE... ONE BONE AT A TIME...

Friday, December 30, 2005

A YEAR IN THE LIFE...

"525,600 minutes. How do you measure... measure a year?" (from the movie/play RENT, from the song SEASONS OF LOVE)

I have my trusty Moleskines. That's one way I can look back and remember the events that have transpired over the past 365 days...

It was 364 days ago HotFudge and I officially spent our first night in our beautiful new home that Mulysa and another woman with a lot of class were so instrumental in helping us buy. HotFudge and I are eternally greatful.

A new car. I joined the Saturn family this year. I remember calling Eternal Lotus and asking her opinion/advice as HotFudge and I walked the Mile. Shogun had answered the phone and when I asked for Lotus, he said she was eating, but would check if I was worthy enough to speak to her. Turns out I was. [Damn... I was hoping to drive approx 1,000 miles per month, but I'm already at 13,700+ miles.]

A trip to Spain. If it weren't for HotFudge, I probably wouldn't be going anywhere. My Moleskine and minidisc player were very instrumental during the trip.

Researched and then revamped CD filing system. I am quite pleased with my latest attempt at organizing my CDs.

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. It's finally complete...

NetFlix has reshaped and expanded my viewing habits. 400+ DVDs in my queue... Lotus, you're gonna love it.

Finally getting papers in order. Amazing what one runs across when going thru boxes that haven't been opened in years: high school year books, creative writings, pictures, drawings... I look back at things I drew 15-16 years ago and can't believe it was me who drew them. I am saddened at what I've "lost". Ahh... the nostalgia.

Audio books will forever be part of my life... er... um... until my hearing starts to go...

Finally started putting up pictures around the home. EMILF gave me a "9. something" after checking my work with her leveler.

Found a new martial art to help bring physical activity back into my life.

Friends going thru hard times but persevering nonetheless.

Blogging... Reading... Commenting...

HotFudge, the #1 person in my life.

========================

FOR 2006...

Looking forward to life with HotFudge, continued friendships, blogging, debating raw vs rare, friends who are smoke-free as of 12:00AM, Jan 1, 2006. A trip to Italy. Eating more healthy.

Must have a physical (last one was over 10 years ago). It's beginning to dawn on ScregMan that he's not immortal and that his life is about half over...

Will ScregMan finally purchase an Ipod? Will he get his weight under control? Will he make changes to his wardrobe? Will he go back to the "clean-shaven" look?

========================

Until next year, dear reader, this is ScregMan signing off for 2005...

END OF LINE...(from TRON)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, January 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahh, now that I've joined the netflix family, we're waiting for you to join the ipod family. Imagine it, riding on the train in Italy, passing beautiful pastoral scenes of the Tuscan hillsides, looking down to change a minidisk (which involves digging out the backpack, opening the bag/container in which you keep minidisks, opening the disk sleeve, pulling out the disk and putting away the old disk, packing it away, putting the bag away...) and darn it!!! You missed the ethereal site of a beautiful woman, riding horseback across the valley, naked I might add. If you had an ipod, you would have made a super long playlist that allowed hours of unfettered music enjoyment.

    Don't forget, you can now attend the Saturn Road Rally's since your family. We went to one the first year we had a saturn. It was a savenger hunt around san diego. They gave you a list of thigs to "find" from your car, a route to follow to find these things, and an answer sheet to record your findings. They had a bbq following the hunt and gave away prizes. It was nice.

    I'd like to hear more about your capoeira experiences.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, January 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss you Ronin. Where are you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home